Saturday 9 March 2013

A Must Watch!


Dear Bloggers,

Its a Saturday night, and here I am writing to you guys. Now, a lot of people would say its the weekend, put on your party shoes. But, sorry "lot of people", I'm in a mood to wear my blogging dress and take a long walk along the internet beach, bare feet!

Why?

Because, I'm inspired, touched and moved by a little something, which I will tell you about shortly, before that lets have our little talk, shall we?

Hello, how are you? (You could answer that in your head), and I'm going to assume you are doing fantastic('cause I know you are).

My dear reader you must be wondering why all this talk about inspiration. It is a pretty straight forward topic. We see great people do great things, and get inspired, and try to be like them, and succeed (well, at least a bunch of us succeed , if not all). The rest of us who take the fall,  keep looking for inspiration in life, inspiration to get started, inspiration to live happily, inspiration to raise from our usual mediocre life. And in our attempt to find that inspiration we stumble across an ocean of things that show us a spark of  inspiration. I'm one of those, who hasn't succeeded (YET), and I'm also one of those people who instead of getting inspired from one, got inspired from a whole bunch of people, places and things and eventually got lost in the maze.

How?

So, I look at Obama, and I'm moved by his Charisma, his leader like abilities, and I'm inspired to be a leader. I see The Dalai Lama, and I want to be kind and generous, and do something for the greater good. I watch the army men, and the marines and I want to be valiant. Well, to be more realistic I see an artist by the road, and I go home and decide to draw a little sketch (which I attached with this post). I hear some good poetry, and I want to write myself a little poetry of my own.
Basically, I AM LOST, and I AM CONFUSED. I want to do it all.

But, then one fine night, something magical happens. Of all the things I have been inspired of in the past, is beaten by a movie. Yes, you heard it right, and probably guessed it from the title of this post. This movie I talk of has proved to be an inspiration which I was waiting for all along. This wonderful, wonderful movie called 'Julie and Julia."

Delightful is an underused word for this brilliant piece of art. To talk more about the movie, a fully loaded movie with stars like Meryl Streep and Amy adams, the movie is a journey to inspire and get inspired.
Its about two very similar Women, who work their way out of a mediocre life by trying to find something that truly inspires them, something that they are really meant to do (to my eyes, and ears it really my story).
After being a resident at the "lost university for the confused", this movie just gave me a starting point (which came after many unsuccessful starting points, ofcourse). But, as they say it. "Better late than never".

For those of you reading this, please watch the movie. If not to change your life, then just to enjoy the beautiful Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, but watch it, you will smile at the end of the movie, I guarantee that.
As to those who already watched the movie, I'm not inspired to cook, because Julia Child could cook, i'm inspired because Julie Powell could write about it, and bring out a Julia Child I would want in my life.
For the first time I'm not at the crossroads.I'm not lost, I'm inspired to write, and this time I'm going to find my way.

And I hope you find yours.
Until then, Keep looking my friend.

Cheers.
PS: The sketch,and a link to read more about "Julie and Julia"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135503/
JG

2 comments: