Saturday 16 March 2013

Snap back to reality, Oh there goes Gravity!


Let me start off by saying, “It’s not always good news”, and good news for us (the 9-6 robots) is the one and only “Your work is done, you may leave for the day”.

But, again that rarely happens. What really happens is as soon as the clock ticks 6, your brain says, “Boy you've worked enough today and BOOM it just shuts!” Your brain has given you a clear sign of Do Not Disturb, but Mr. Boss man has other plans for you.

But, then this happened:

“Morning is here, sunshine is here! The sky is clear, Get into gear!!”

Woke up, feeling all energetic and excited. Never felt better in the mornings. So, I drive to work early, listening to some happy tracks, and hit the gym at my workplace. A hot water shower after the gym and I’m all geared up for the day, with a perfect schedule in my head.

Then, I reach the floor and I get a work request which is quite a simple one.  I am told to take my time and finish the work request, there’s no hurry, and I’m thinking,” Oh that is good. No pressure, I can work in peace. Finish as much as I can, leave tops by 7! Just how I planned. Good day indeed.

Now, its 6, and I am all happy because I have managed to finish the work , and after the boss man reviews it I can go out catch up with some friends over a cup of coffee, grab some good dinner( as opposed to the very monotonous Pizza we eat, when we work late). And heavens, it happened I left at 7. And after that all I can say is, “It was a good night”.

Then, the alarm profoundly rang into my ears and oh the dream…………….

Well, now for the reality.

The part where I wake up is right, but not quite with the whole Morning is here, sunshine is here, let’s get into gear, more like, “Morning is here? Oh, no. Damn the sunshine.” So, I drag myself out of the comfort of my little too awesome comforter, and drive to office at 7 in the morning, so that I can hit the gym before I start my work for the day.

Gym time is the only one which remains same in my dreams as it is in reality. I feel good, thin (I weigh 45 kgs, so I feel thin otherwise also) and strong. So, congratulations to me for that one hour of my day, which I would like to call, “Productive.”

It is 10 am now, so it’s time for reality to bite me back in the ass. Before I even take a minute to keep my laptop down, work is ready to pounce on me, and this time it comes with a stringent deadline. (This is where I miss that “Take your time, there’s no hurry”, ugh dreams!).

Did I tell you I hit the gym today? So, when I do that my stomach goes on a hunting spree. It wants to eat everything. But, with that work request in, I have to decide between breakfast and lunch. (Don’t judge me; I’m a fat, hungry kid inside). I eat what 3 people eat for breakfast; hoping lunch time would go by easily and get to work. With a little help from my dear friend at work, I do finish my work sharp at 5, with thoughts of that missed lunch a couple of times in between, well we have all been there.

I’m happy now, with hopes that the dream come true. And, Mr. Boss man would quickly review it and it’ll be a good day. If only the clocks ran under my command.
The clock tick 7, and the plan of leaving at 7 cease to exist and I end up staying till 11.30. Not working, mind you. Waiting for the review, which sadly does not start till 10, because boss is a busy man, he has to attend to other things (which I totally understand, not).

I reach home at 12, and into the comfort of my dreams I lay, until another day!

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment